Monday, April 6, 2009

There's this lost cause I believe in called myself.

How often do we lose hope on things? From the most trivial to something you have wanted all your life. Our actions and hopes within could be contradicting at times and we may tend to feel we are working towards a lost cause. Sometimes a thought just pops up and says 'Enough is enough!! I have had it all!! and cant stand it anymore.' This thought might vary according to situations but the feeling is somewhat similar, right from being frustrated with ourselves or with others or sometimes we even start questioning the purpose of everything. In spite of this we carry on with our lives in hope that we will be able to do something about it or things will get better as times goes on.


People thought Einstein was absurd when he contradicted Newton's Classical Mechanics and came up with his theory on special relativity and general relativity. I think relativity is an amazing concept, see how human mind perceives things differently to different situations? Sometimes it seriously makes me think 'Are we the ones really controlling our minds and actions or does it just happen like many other things which we have no say on?' I strongly believe in the saying 'Success and Failures are only choices we make in life at every point of time'. Choices again comes back to the mind and there isn't anything more important in life than keeping a balance of what your mind thinks and how you react to it, I believe this makes you a person whom you are today.

Someone the other day was talking about peace of mind and how going for a morning walk everyday and visits to temples had bought them an immense joy and peace of mind in life. We are all so distracted in our lives that we find it exceedingly difficult to keep a still mind which keeps wandering faster than time. I had been to the Harminder Sahib Temple in Amritsar a while ago and I thought I was rejuvenated and it bought a great piece of mind, I have no clue what it was, was it the sight of the splendid Golden Temple by the lake or was it the recitation of the spiritual songs sung there heard in stunning clarity, thanks to the acoustics by Bose. It really got me thinking to what was I doing to myself? If all of us are struggling to do something which is as basic as this, it makes me wonder how complicated have we got ourselves into? Wasn't the idea to keep things simple and go easy? I find it's mostly us who dig a grave for ourselves and put ourselves to situations where we are today.. We are no where close to where we truely intend to be and we have no one to blame except us. With so many conflicts within ourselves and with so many questions unanswered, we often advice people about life, spirituality, talk about God.. I just can't but laugh at ourselves.. Pity such creatures..

I dont have answers to any of these because all of us have a spark within us and there's always hope which tells you that I shall get you thro' all that you do.. I couldn't but agree with the title which aptly says 'There's this lost cause I beleive in called myself"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice philosiphy yaar..especially liked the way you incorporated Bose in this blog :)

VarshaVijay said...

I regret I got to see this so late. Very well expressed philosophy. There is absolutely no need to say "I have lost hope" when none of us know unto what are we heading. It's a beautiful thought. Keep going!